QUESTIONS ABOUT OPERATING A LOCATION
1) How would you describe your brand?
The Tommy Gun’s brand has a modern but nostalgic feel and is tailored to meet the needs of men and boys.
2) Who determines the right location?
Tommy Gun’s Franchising and Leasing department sources the locations. Extensive research is done including consideration of market demographics and success of other retailers in the trading area.
3) Who manages the development of my store?
We manage the design, construction, inventory and equipment processes. Throughout the steps, we engage with each Franchisee. We only work with vetted and approved contractors. In addition, we assist the Franchisee with staffing and training.
4) What type of locations are suitable for Tommy Gun’s Original Barbershops?
Tommy Gun’s can operate successfully in power centre/street front and mall locations.
5) What hours of business do Tommy Gun’s locations follow?
Tommy Gun’s franchises located inside major regional shopping centres must follow mall hours. Franchises inside big box power centres are open at a minimum, Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sundays, from 11am to 6pm.
6) Are there discounts for opening multiple locations?
The initial franchisee fee is reduced by 33% to $20,000 for additional locations.
7) How do I apply for a Franchise?
Simply complete the Inquiry Form and submit it to us. Following your application a Tommy Gun’s representative will contact you to begin the qualification process.
FINANCIAL DETAILS ABOUT OWNING A LOCATION
1) How or where is inventory purchased?
We operate our own Distribution Centre located in Kelowna, BC, where most of our products are supplied to each of our Barbershops directly using preferred vendors.
2) Who is the leaseholder for the premises?
Tommy Gun’s holds all head leases and each Franchisee subleases directly from Tommy Gun’s.
3) What income can a franchisee expect to earn?
The level of income that a Franchisee earns is dependent on a number of factors, including the Franchisee’s level of involvement in the operation, sales performance, cost controls, fixed overhead, location and market.
4) How much does it cost to open a Tommy Gun’s?
The combined costs associated with opening a Tommy Gun’s Franchise varies, dependent on the size of the location and market conditions. The average Tommy Gun’s Franchise cost to open is between $450,000 and $550,000.
5) What are the fees of a Tommy Gun’s Franchise?
The Tommy Gun’s Franchise Fee is $30,000. 6% of your gross sales are collected as a royalty fee and 3% is collected and redistributed towards brand development programs.